Handmade Natural Labradorite and Natural Leather Dog Collars Unisex in Medium and Large
Welcome to our In The Ruff Collection!
Your dog is unique with a personality to match so celebrate your dog with one of our handcrafted In The Ruff collars! Show off their stylish and trendy personality with an In The Ruff collar that let’s your pup Strut their Stuff! Choose from a natural-colored or hand-dyed black leather collar with the choice of the following unique, one-of-a-kind and natural gemstones: Crazy Lace Agate, Dalmatian Jasper, Labradorite, Sodalite and Unakite. Before you check-out, make sure to check out our unique Paw Print Earrings for you with gemstones that match those in your dog’s collar!
Sizes: Unisex - Medium (14" - 16") - Large (17" - 19") - XLarge (20" - 22") Some sizes available by special order.
- All natural stones with no man-made treatments. Hand-stitched to the collar with strong waxed linen thread and knotted on either side of the stone with a small amount of adhesive to the back stitches for additional security.
- An optical effect known as Adularescence so unique to Labradorite that it has been termed "Labradorescence". Simply put, it is the result of diffraction of light in the layers of rock. The most highly valued Labradorite is material that shows the full spectrum of color in its Labradorescence.
- Labradorite that does not exhibit Labradorescence can still make beautiful gemstones because of Aventurescence, which is a glitter caused by diffraction of light from mineral platelets.
- Labradorite is not named after the breed of dog, but rather the Canadian province of Labrador, the classic locality of this gemstone.
- Uses oval beads on the horizontal, divided into two sections with nickel-plated textured rivets.
Leather: Collars are handmade and hand-stitched high-quality belt leather (one inch) in natural or hand-dyed in black and embellished with gemstones. Each collar has a beveled, finished edge for the dog’s comfort.
Multiple-Dog Family: We offer by special order matching or coordinating collars. Just let us know and we will be happy to work with you on the perfect collars!
Caring for your Gem Lady Treasures Dog Collar
- Use a leather conditioner twice a year to clean and maintain the beauty of the leather.
- Always remove the collar before your dog goes into water (swimming or bathing).
*These gemstones have come directly from the earth, been cut into beads and polished. No treatments have been added by man to enhance the stones in any form. All natural gemstones are unique, that is the way Mother Nature made them. The gemstones on the collar you are purchasing will not be exactly the same as those pictured for that very reason. It is not a mistake, it is Mother Nature at her best!